When packing for your aspiring baseball pro there are a number of items that you will need that you may not have to pack for other camps. There are also a number of items you will want to bring for the benefit of the entire family. This packing list should help your camper get the most out of their Cooperstown experience and make the stay more comfortable for everyone else.
Packing List for Players
- Small Combination Lock (needs to be small, the lockers in the barracks are too small for a standard lock)
- 2 Pairs White Baseball Pants
- Navy or Red Baseball Socks
- Matching Belt
- Athletic Mesh Shirts (underarmour is popular)
- Baseball Girdle
- Trading Pin Towel (to pin team trading pins on)
- 2 towels for bathing/face washing
- Shower flip flops/shower shoes
- Shower Bag
- Day Pack
- Extra glasses/contact lenses (when applicable)
- Comfortable Outdoor Shoes
- Alarm Clock
- Emergency Cell Phone
- Cell Phone Charger
- Durable Water Bottle
- Dental Floss
- Prescription Drugs (if applicable)
- Snacks (granola bars, energy bars, etc.)
- Phone Charger
- Diaper rash cream
- Goldbond medicated powder
- TRADING PINS!!!
- A small clip on fan for the bed, or a floor fan.
- Bug Spray
Rock-star Items – These items will make you a hero to everyone who forgot them!
- Clothesline and clothespins – really helps to get bathing suits dry
- Surge Protector
- Case of bottle water
- Extension cord
- Laundry detergent
Final note. DO NOT forget to put your child’s name on all of the items.
Next section: How do we get to Cooperstown, NY?